Some roads around Atlanta will not be a “sweetheart” ride for this Valentine’s Day weekend.
Many projects will be in full gear, including lane restrictions and overnight closures for some exit ramps at the I-285/Georgia-400 corridor in Sandy Springs.
More work along the west side of the I-285 Perimeter will restrict lanes between Camp Creek Parkway (Exit 2) and Atlanta Road (Exit 16), in various locations.
Also, watch for the I-85 road work to restrict lanes overnight in Atlanta by the Buford Spring Connector (Exit 86), and from Gwinnett to Jackson Counties along I-85 on both sides of Highway 211 (Exit 126, Barrow County).
Looking for a romantic night out this Valentine’s weekend? Georgia’s own Alan Jackson is at State Farm Arena Friday (2/14) for a night of country music to remember.
Also Friday, world renowned crooner Tony Bennett (At age 93!) appears at Atlanta Symphony Hall for his only area appearance in 2020.
The Fox Theater is host to Broadway in Atlanta’s version of the hit musical, “Hello Dolly!” this weekend as the Atlanta Ballet’s, “The Swan Princess” is in residency at Cobb Energy Centre all weekend long.
*All construction is as GDOT reports it and is weather-permitting. All times, lanes blocked, and locations could change.
ROAD CONSTRUCTION ZONES:
- Sandy Springs: Georgia/400 North from I-285 to Abernathy Rd. (Exit 5) in right lane during overnight hours.
- Sandy Springs/Dunwoody: I-285 East and West, between Roswell Rd. (Exit 25) and Ashford Dunwoody Road (Exit 29). Expect multiple lanes blocked during overnight hours.
- Sandy Springs: Georgia/400 South ramp to I-285 West (Exit 4B) and Georgia/400 North ramp to I-285 East (Exit 4A) will be blocked, at times, during overnight hours.
- Atlanta: I-285 Southbound from Atlanta Rd. (Exit 16) to Hollowell Parkway (Exit 12) Left lanes closed during overnight hours.
- Atlanta: I-285 Southbound from Hwy. 166 (Exit 5) to Camp Creek Parkway (Exit 2) in two right lanes during overnight hours.
- I-85 Northbound at Buford Spring Connector (SR-13, Exit 86) in two right lanes during overnight hours.
- Atlanta: Georgia World Congress Ctr.- Cheersport 2020 National Championship. Fri.-Sun. 2/14-16, starting at 6:00 AM, daily.
- Atlanta: State Farm Arena- Alan Jackson in Concert: Fri. 2/14, 7:30 PM.
- Atlanta: Fox Theater- Broadway in Atlanta’s, “Hello Dolly!” Fri.-Sun. 2/14-16 with various show times.
- Atlanta: Atlanta Symphony Hall- Tony Bennett’s, “I Left My Heart” Tour. Fri. 2/14, 7:30 PM.
- Cobb Co.: Cobb Energy Centre- Atlanta Ballet’s, “The Swan Princess”. Fri-Sun. 2/14-16. Various performance times.
- Norcross: Atlanta Track Club- “Frosty 5K”. Thrasher Park, 93 Park Drive. Sat. 2/15, 8:00 AM. Expect lane closures along North Peachtree St. and Business Park Drive during the race.
- Atlanta: Atlanta Track Club- “Cupid’s Undie Run”. Park Tavern, 500 10th St. Sat. 2/15 from 12-4:00 PM.