If you’re one of the tens of thousands heading to Mercedes-Benz Stadium Saturday for the SEC Championship game between the Georgia Bulldogs and Alabama Crimson Tide, mass transit might be your best bet.
“Take the train and go to the Mercedes Benz/State Farm Arena/Georgia World Congress Center Station, and you just walk over from there,” MARTA spokesperson Stephany Fisher tells 95.5 WSB.
Fisher adds that MARTA is treating the game like any other big event downtown. Extra trains will be running to handle the massive crowds.
Kickoff for the SEC Championship is scheduled for 4 p.m.
“All rail lines will operate on Saturday schedules, with service beginning at approximately 6 a.m.,” MARTA’s website confirms. “Trains will operate on 10-minute frequencies on the North/South line between Airport and Lindbergh Center Stations & on the East/West line between Ashby and King Memorial Stations.”
Officials add that from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., MARTA “will run a shuttle train between Five Points Station and Mercedes-Benz Stadium/State Farm Arena/GWCC Station to move riders to the stadium.”
Catch all of the Georgia Bulldogs football action on 95.5 WSB, The Home of the Dawgs! SEC Championship Game coverage starts at noon on Saturday.
More MARTA info for your SEC Championship trip –
Organizers are encouraging fans to plan in advance and consider taking MARTA.
- All MARTA fares must be purchased with a Breeze card or Breeze ticket, according to MARTA’s website.
- Breeze cards are $2 and may be reloaded for up to 3 years.
- Breeze tickets are $1 for single-use only.
- MARTA fare is $2.50 for a one-way trip but officials say your options don’t stop there. MARTA has passes and special fare programs designed to fit everyone’s needs. Read more here.
- MARTA RideStores and Breeze Vending Machines both sell Breeze Cards in person.
- Breeze Vending Machines are located all across MARTA stations as a convenient choice for commuters on the go.
- MARTA made its new mobile app live earlier this month, featuring the ability to pay for rides via your smartphone. According to MARTA, the “Breeze Mobile 2.0″ app is available both on the Apple App Store and Google Play.
>> Download our Triple Team Traffic App to follow traffic updates on the go
©2023 Cox Media Group