Just one week after the director of planning and zoning for Fayette County sent a letter to rapper Rick Ross informing him that his permit for his car show had been denied, the permit for the car show is now approved.
Earlier this month, Rick Ross said he had come up with a plan to ease traffic gridlock and reduce the headaches neighbors complained about during last year’s show.
Ross told our partners at Channel 2 that he wants to do right by the community and he respects his neighbors who live along Highway 279 in Fayette County.
In the letter dated May 26, county officials stated the event is not allowed to operate longer than 14 days. Ross is also required to have the approval of the county fire marshal, off-street parking is required, and outdoor lighting for activities will not be allowed past 10:00 p.m.
Officials also are requiring proof of off-site parking. That should not be an issue for Ross, as his attorney Leron Rogers told Channel 2 Action News, Fayette County has already approved Ross’ traffic and safety plan.
The county previously denied Ross’ permit after the rapper’s neighbors complained about traffic during last year’s show at his mansion.
“There was traffic all up and down 279. You couldn’t move,” homeowner J.P. Beaty recalled about the event last year.
However, Ross’s attorney says the rapper has spent loads of money trying to make this year’s event successful and safe. Leron Jones adds that Ross plans to use 63 luxury buses to shuttle attendees from satellite parking lots to the event.
“This is going to alleviate surface street traffic (and the) strain on local police,” Rogers said.
Rogers also told Channel 2 Action News that 35 officers will help direct traffic during the event and get people who live in the area to their homes. He also said neighbors will get passes that will help them avoid any traffic.
©2023 Cox Media Group