Man accused of wounding 8 people outside San Antonio bar arrested in Miami

MIAMI —  A Texas man suspected of wounding eight people outside a San Antonio bar after being denied entry Friday night was arrested Miami, authorities said.

Jenelius Crew, 37, was taken into custody at a Miami hotel on Thursday, according to the San Antonio Police Department. Crew was being held without bond and was awaiting extradition back to Texas, according to the Miami-Dade County Sheriff's Office.

According to police, Crew was among a group of people refused entry at Rebar in San Antonio because the bar’s bouncer said they were intoxicated.

On June 12, 2020, SAPD officers responded to a shooting in progress at a local bar where (8) eight victims had been...

Posted by San Antonio Police Department on Thursday, June 18, 2020

According to San Antonio Police Department Chief William McManus, Crew told the doorman, "Don't you know who I am? I'm a UFC fighter from California."

Police said Crew then allegedly went across the street and returned with a long rifle. He fired shots, wounding five women and three men, who ranged in age from 23 to 41. There were no fatalities.

Police obtained eight warrants for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon against Crew before his arrest, KSAT reported.

“It’s apparent that criminals don’t pay much attention to city limits, county and state lines or even the borders of the United States,” U.S. Marshal Susan Pamerleau said in a statement. “It’s the collaborative efforts and partnerships with state and local agencies that enable us to reduce violent crime across this nation.”

There is no listing for a Jenelius Crew on the UFC website.

mobile apps

Everything you love about wsbradio.com and more! Tap on any of the buttons below to download our app.

amazon alexa

Enable our Skill today to listen live at home on your Alexa Devices!