The pandemic has affected each job market differently. But, few have come out unscathed. Following a pandemic worth of retirements, turnovers and everything in between, Atlanta Fire and Rescue is aggressively hiring across the city.
“We’ve had a lot of retirees.” Helga Bryant, Recruiting Coordinator for Atlanta Fire and Rescue, said to 95.5 WSB’s Sabrina Cupit. “Also, we’ve had a lot of turnovers dealing with COVID and everything that has transpired in the last year.”
In response, the Atlanta Fire Rescue Department wants hundreds of new recruits. The department is looking to hire both firefighter and Advanced-EMT recruits across Atlanta’s 35 stations that span 132 square miles of the city.
In total, Bryant says Atlanta Fire and Rescue is looking to hire 250 recruits. New recruits will make $40,000 per year while they complete their training. Once fully trained, recruited first responders can expect a pay of $46,491 per year.
To join Atlanta Fire and Rescue, applicants will need to meet a list of minimum qualifications.
- U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization
- 18 years of age and older or will become 18 years old before the end of the fire academy.
- Possess a valid U.S. driver’s license
- HS diploma, or GED certificate
- Acceptable 3-year driving record
- Honorable or Uncharacterized discharge from a military branch
To apply, visit atlantafirerescue.com.
©2021 Cox Media Group