Xtava recalls 235,000 of its Allure hair dryers due to fire, burn and electrical shock hazards

Xtava announced it will recall its Allure and Allure Pro 2200W ceramic hair dryers after finding that the hair dryer and power cord can overheat and catch fire.

At least 193 Xtava users have reported that the hair dryer has overheated, and 20 have reported burns or minor electrical shock, according to a report by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.

One consumer has reported a severe burn, and four have reported burn incidents resulting in a blister to the hand, wrist or finger.

The hair driers were sold between October 2014 and August 2018 on several websites, including,,, and for between $15 and $60.

Consumers should stop using the Allure hair dryer immediately and call 877-643-8440 or visit Xtava’s website for a replacement.

Comments on this article





mobile apps

Everything you love about and more! Tap on any of the buttons below to download our app.

amazon alexa

Enable our Skill today to listen live at home on your Alexa Devices!