As the rain moves out, it’s going to be a weekend full of construction along GA-400 and I-285 for the Transform I-285/GA-400 project with plenty of lane & ramp closures as well as traffic pacing.
Expect plenty of work barrels and brake lights on the west side perimeter on both I-285 north and southbound. As always, please drive safely and remember to use caution in these work zones to keep workers safe.
**All construction is as GDOT reports it and is weather-permitting. All times, lanes blocked, and locations could change.
ROAD CONSTRUCTION ZONES:
- Sandy Springs/Dunwoody (Transform I-285/GA-400 project): Expect multiple lane and ramp closures along I-285/eastbound/westbound (Inner & Outer Loops) between Roswell Rd (Exit 25) and Ashford Dunwoody Rd (Exit 29) as well as extended traffic pacing leading to long delays. Several lanes of GA-400/northbound/southbound will also be closed and paced between Northridge (Exit 6) and I-285 during the overnight hours. Hwy 9/Roswell Rd is a good alternate to avoid these delays along with Mt Vernon Hwy.
- Fulton Co: Peachtree Dunwoody Rd from Hammond Dr to Lake Hearn Drive and Peachtree Dunwoody ramp to I-285/eastbound (Inner Loop) will be closed from 9pm-5am.
- Fulton/Cobb Co: I-285/northbound (Inner Loop) from Bolton Rd (Exit 13) to Atlanta Rd (Exit 16) will have 2 left lanes closed during overnight hours.
- Fulton/Cobb Co: 2 left lanes closed on I-285/northbound (Inner Loop) between I-20 (Exit 10) and Hollowell Pkwy (Exit 12) from 6am-6pm
- Fulton/Cobb Co: 2 left lanes closed on I-285/southbound (Outer Loop) from South Cobb Dr (Exit 15) to before Hollowell Pkwy (Exit 12) from 6am-6pm
- Fulton/Clayton Co: 3 lanes closed on ramp from I-85/northbound to I-285/eastbound (Outer Loop). Detour will be in place.
- Northeast Atlanta: I-85/southbound between GA-400 and 17th St 3 right lanes will be closed throughout the weekend.
- Northeast Atlanta: I-85/northbound between 17th St and GA-400 3 left lanes will be closed throughout the weekend. Expect delays and use the Buford Spring Connector.
- Fulton Co: Peachtree Rd will have one right lane closed between West Paces Ferry Rd and Buckhead Ave all weekend.
- Fulton Co: Roswell Rd from Sandy Springs Dr to Abernathy Rd one left lane will be closed from 9pm-4pm
- Cobb Co: South Marietta Pkwy Express lane bridge over I-75 will be closed from 9pm-4:30am.
- Atlanta: Building removal shuts down Northside Dr between 10th St and Ethel St all weekend. A detour will be in place.