After several rounds of voting, we have a clear winner in the top moment of the Kirby Smart era of Georgia Football. Sony Michel's game-winning touchdown run in the Rose Bowl earned another easy victory, earning 94.9 percent of the vote in the final round.
In each of its five matchups, the Rose Bowl walk-off got at least 92 percent of the vote. This was the expected outcome from the beginning of the tournament, but maybe not quite in the dominant fashion that it ended up winning in.
In the video below, we recap the bracket but also take a look at the Georgia program since that magic moment and how it can get back to that level.
That touchdown run and the subsequent celebration afterward is starting to get farther and farther away in the rearview mirror. The freshmen on that team are now seniors. The starting quarterback that day for Georgia, Jake Fromm, is set to be selected in this month's NFL draft. Mel Tucker, Georgia's then defensive coordinator, has accepted two different head coaching jobs since the 54-48 win over Oklahoma.
It's safe to say that while the last two seasons have produced a number of good moments as well as two more division titles there hasn't been a moment that remotely approached the Michel touchdown run.
The Bulldogs though can change that in the 2020 season. They once again figure to be one of the best teams in the country, and if things break right, they could find themselves in the College Football Playoff again. To do that they'll have to play and probably beat Alabama on the road in the third week of the season with a new quarterback who didn't get a chance to go through spring practice.
And it should also be noted that one of the two College Football Playoff semifinal venues for this season is once again the Rose Bowl. You'd have to figure a number of Georgia fans would be hoping to get back to that venue, given what happened the last time the Bulldogs played there.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- How will the COVID-19 slowdown affect the development of the 2020 Georgia football roster?
- WATCH: How Kirby Smart, Dabo Swinney provided hope college football returns this fall
- Georgia recruiting: Lists for elite OLs Amarius Mims and Micah Morris highlight week
- Kirby Smart details how coronavirus restrictions are leading to innovations for Georgia football
- DawgNation staffers draft their fantasy teams using the 2020 Georgia football roster
- Georgia coach Kirby Smart shares glimpse into college football's future health protocols
The post WATCH: Georgia football is still chasing those Rose Bowl feelings appeared first on DawgNation.