On Air Now

Listen Now

Weather

cloudy-day
66°
Partly Cloudy
H 71° L 54°
  • cloudy-day
    66°
    Current Conditions
    Partly Cloudy. H 71° L 54°
  • cloudy-day
    71°
    Today
    Partly Cloudy. H 71° L 54°
  • rain-day
    58°
    Tomorrow
    Showers. H 58° L 53°
Listen
Pause
Error

News on-demand

00:00 | 00:00

Listen
Pause
Error

Traffic on-demand

00:00 | 00:00

Listen
Pause
Error

Weather on-demand

00:00 | 00:00

National
4 men accused of shooting at naked man running down Maine road
Close

4 men accused of shooting at naked man running down Maine road

4 men accused of shooting at naked man running down Maine road
Photo Credit: Gerd Altmann/Pixabay
Authorities in Maine arrested four men after a 39-year-old Maine man was found naked and running down a street.

4 men accused of shooting at naked man running down Maine road

Four men are accused of abducting a Maine man at gunpoint, forcing him to strip naked, and then shooting at him as the man attempted to escape by running down a road, police said Monday,

>> Read more trending news 

Ajoung M. Malual, 22, of Westbrook, Maine, Mahdi B. Ali, 23, of Boston, Noh Y. Okubazghi, 20, of Boston, and Samson S. Samsom, 22, of Minneapolis, were charged with drug trafficking and may face other charges, the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office said in a news release.

Each man is being held in lieu of $150,000 bond apiece, the Sheriff's Office said.

Deputies said they received reports of gunshots fired at a naked man about 1:30 a.m. Monday, WMTW reported.

When deputies located the 39-year-old Naples resident, he told them he was taken at gunpoint from his home and put into a trunk, the Sheriff's Office said in its news release. He told deputies he was taken to an area and told to strip naked, and at that point began running through the woods while he was being shot at, deputies said.

The victim gave deputies a description of the vehicle, which was located in Windham and stopped by authorities, the Sheriff's Office said. The four men in the vehicle were detained and subsequently arrested, deputies said.

The victim, who was wounded, was taken to an area hospital and is in stable condition, deputies said.

Read More

News

  • A guest was injured on a ride at a New Jersey theme park Friday afternoon and required medical attention, park officials wrote on social media. >> Read more trending news The person was injured while aboard the 'Out on a Limb' ride at Storybook Land, The Press of Atlantic City reported. The condition of the guest was not immediately known, and the ride was shut down pending an investigation, park officials tweeted. The incident comes less than a week after a 10-year-old girl died from a fall off a ride at the Deerfield Township Harvest Festival. The 'Out on a Limb' attraction at Storybook Land is a spinning, elevated swing ride, WCAU reported. Riders must be at least 3 feet tall to ride 'with a responsible person,' or stand 42 inches or higher to ride alone, according to the Storybook Land website.
  • A man will spend 17 years behind bars after breaking into a woman’s Duluth apartment earlier this year.  Victor Laquan Harris, 23, was convicted of burglary in the first degree after less than 30 minutes of deliberation by the jury, Gwinnett County District Attorney’s Office spokesman John Warr said in a news release.  During the March 7 incident at the Gables Sugarloaf Apartments, the victim called police after Harris knocked on her door but hid out of view of the peephole, Warr said. She described him to police as wearing a dark hat and hoodie.  The victim returned to watching TV after making the call, according to Warr. That’s when she heard Harris coming into her apartment through a bedroom window, the news release said.  She then locked herself in her bathroom and called police again, Warr said. While hiding, she heard Harris going through her belongings and knocking her things over, the news release said.  As Harris was fleeing the scene, officers caught him outside the apartment building, Warr said.  They were able to recover some of Davis’ belongings, such as her Playstation 4, game controller and purse, according to Warr.  Harris will serve 17 years in prison and three on probation. Warr said the jury handed down the harsh punishment because Harris was convicted of a burglary in that same apartment complex in 2014. He was still on probation in March.  In other news: 
  • President Donald Trump said in a tweet Friday that he will nominate Deputy Secretary Dan Brouillette to replace Rick Perry as Secretary of Energy. >> Read more trending news 'Dan’s experience in the sector is unparalleled. A total professional,' the president tweeted,.'I have no doubt that Dan will do a great job!
  • Deputies said two of the three people found dead inside a York County home in July had been there since as long as 2015. Authorities said they conducted a welfare check at the home on Griggs Road near Clover on July 31 when they made the discovery of the three family members. Deputies said they found 45-year-old Thomas Gardner dead inside the home by the front door. They said the bodies of two women were also discovered inside the house. The women were later identified as Thomas Gardner's mother, 69-year-old Susan Gardner, and her sister, 77-year-old Ruth Allred. >> Read more trending news  fficials said Thomas Gardner died by suicide days before the bodies were found and left a note with details about the women. According to the note left by Thomas Gardner, his mother died in November 2015 and his aunt, Allred, died approximately six months later. He also said in the letter that he was afraid that he would be blamed for the two women's deaths, and that was the reason he never contacted authorities. Investigators confirmed the condition of the remains matched up with the time frame given by Thomas Gardner. After the autopsies, Allred's cause of death was confirmed as probable atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease and Susan Garner's cause of death was undetermined. Investigators said there is no indication of foul play in the deaths of Allred or Susan Gardner, but they believe Thomas Gardner wrapped the bodies and left them in a room for years. A relative said she was concerned about the family and had asked deputies to check on the house before. They did, but no one ever came to the door. Deputies said they went to the house to assist Adult Protective Services four times before finding their bodies -- June 28, July 5, July 16, and July 31. A neighbor who has lived next door for 10 years said she had only seen Thomas Gardner outside cutting grass. She said she hadn't seen the two women in years. Investigators said this case is closed and no charges will be filed. Detectives said they believe he didn't report the deaths to continue to collect their government benefits.
  • A pregnant Wisconsin woman is demanding action be taken against mall security officials who she said roughed her up during a security incident involving her daughter. >> Read more trending news  The incident took Saturday night at Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa, WISN reported. The situation began when mall security responded to a group of rowdy teens. Octavia Stitts told WISN that she received a phone call informing her that her 15-year-old daughter, who was on a birthday shopping trip, was attacked by a group of teens. Stitts, who is due to give birth in approximately two weeks, went to the mall to pick up her daughter. Mall security had detained Stitts' daughter, WISN reported. When Stitts asked for her daughter to be handed over to her, a verbal dispute between mall security and the pregnant mother began, which quickly turned physical, according to Stitts. She claims she was forced to the ground by mall security guards and ordered to roll over onto her stomach. In video from the incident obtained by WISN, mall security guards can be heard telling Stitts to roll over so they can handcuff her. Police arrived to the scene and asked that mall security take the handcuffs off Stitts and her daughter. Stitts said at a news conference that the incident almost made her go into early labor. She was taken to an area hospital and found she and the unborn baby were not injured, WISN reported.  'I just hope the security get fired, you know? I hope they lose they jobs for what they done to me cause I didn’t deserve that at all,' Stitts told WISN.  Mall security declined to comment on the incident, but police said they are gathering evidence that will be handed over to the district attorney's office, WISN reported. 
  • Isaiah Payton, the 12-year-old boy who was shot outside a football stadium in southeast Atlanta and is paralyzed from the waist down, might never walk again. But, thanks to basketball Hall of Famer Shaquille O’Neal, he can at least go home. >> Read more trending news  O’Neal heard the hospital could not release Isaiah because the family’s home could not accommodate the boy. So he decided to help. “We found her (Isaiah’s mother, Allison Wood) a house in College Park in a nice area,” O'Neal told WXIA. He added he is going to buy the family furniture, some television sets, and “I’m going to pay her rent off for the year.” Isaiah and Damean Spear, 15, were shot Aug. 17 after a high school football game between Mays and Carver.  Damean was shot in the leg and has been released from the hospital, but Isaiah has been there since the shooting.  Police have charged a 15-year-old in the shooting. He hasn’t been identified because he’s a juvenile. Police said they believe the teen may have been firing at someone else when he struck the boys. Authorities are still searching for that person. Isaiah, who was shot in the spine, will need long-term disability care. “It could have been any one of us,” O’Neal told WXIA. “It could have been my son. It could’ve been your cousin.” O’Neal said Papa John’s CEO Rob Lynch and Jeff Smith, chairman of the board of Papa John’s, also chipped in. O’Neal is a member of the board of directors for Papa John’s and serves as the company’s brand ambassador. He has invested in nine pizza locations throughout metro Atlanta. Isaiah, meanwhile, is eager to see his Sylvan Middle School teammates play football again. But doctors say he needs another surgery, Wood told WSB-TV. On Oct. 7, Atlanta police put a billboard on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive offering a $10,000 reward for information about the shooting, Atlanta police Capt. Jacquelyn Gwinn-Villaroel said. A second sign is going up on Hank Aaron Drive in the hopes of getting information about the second shooter, she said. Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 404-577-8477.