A Missouri mom warned others not to leave aerosol cans in their vehicles after she said a can of dry shampoo exploded in her daughter's car, shooting through the sunroof and landing 50 feet away, according to multiple reports.
Christine Bader Debrecht took to Facebook last week after she said her daughter left an aerosol can of dry shampoo in the closed middle console of her car during hot weather in Missouri. She said the can exploded, shattering the vehicle's sunroof and flying into the air.
"It blew the console cover off of its hinges," Debrecht wrote.
"I just want to remind you (and your kids) to heed those warnings on products you may be using. Please don't leave aerosol cans (and especially dry shampoo, as this seems to be an issue with some brands) in your car! I am so grateful that no one was hurt."
"We were shocked and bewildered. We had no idea what had happened," she told ABC News. "We couldn't believe it had done so much damage. We still can't believe it.
She told KTVI she was grateful her 19-year-old daughter wasn't in the vehicle when the incident happened.
"Don't leave aerosol cans in your car," she told told KSDK. "It's not something we think about every day."