It will be a busy weekend along GA-400 and I-285 in Sandy Springs & Dunwoody for the Transform 285/400 project with multiple lanes and ramps closed throughout the weekend. I-285/northbound on the west side of town will also see delays north of I-20. In Cobb County, expect slow zones along I-75 between Marietta and Kennesaw. Also, if Tennessee bound, please note the closure along I-75/nb and I-24/wb near the state line that will last all weekend. WSB will have live traffic updates all weekend to guide you around the delays. As always, please drive safely and remember to use caution in these work zones to keep workers safe.
**All construction is as GDOT reports it and is weather-permitting. All times, lanes blocked, and locations could change.
ROAD CONSTRUCTION ZONES
- Sandy Springs/Dunwoody: Traffic Pacing on I-285/eastbound/westbound (Inner & Outer Loops) between Ashford Dunwoody Rd (Exit 29) and Roswell Rd (Exit 25) through Saturday. Also, expect ramp & road closures on Abernathy Rd, I-285/eastbound ramp to GA-400/nb as well as Roswell Rd ramp to I-285/eastbound (Inner Loop) throughout the weekend for Transform 285/400 project.
- Sandy Springs: 2 left lanes closed on GA-400/southbound from Abernathy Rd (Exit 5) to Hammond Dr (Exit 4C) from 9pm – 5am all weekend.
- Sandy Springs: 2 left lanes closed on GA-400/northbound from Glenridge to Abernathy Rd (Exit 5) from 9pm – 5am all weekend.
- Cobb Co: 2 right lanes closed on I-285/northbound (Inner Loop) from South Cobb Dr (Exit 15) to Atlanta Rd (Exit 16) from 9pm – 7am.
- Cobb Co: 1 right lane closed on South Marietta Pkwy in both directions at I-75 from 9pm Saturday through 5am Monday morning. A left and right lane of I-75/northbound/southbound may also be blocked as well.
- Cobb Co: Traffic pacing on I-75/northbound/southbound at Barrett Pkwy (Exit 269) from 12am – 5am all weekend. Off and on all lanes will be blocked/moving slowly.
- DeKalb Co: 2 center lanes closed on Buford Hwy/southbound at I-285 for most of the weekend.
- Atlanta: Atlanta: Northside Dr closed between 10th St and Ethel St for building construction.
- Atlanta: W Peachtree St between Ponce De Leon Ave and 3rd St as well as Ponce De Leon Ave between Peachtree St and West Peachtree St closed throughout the weekend for filming. Broad St between Mitchell St & MLK Jr Drive will also be closed.
- Georgia/Tennessee line: Access to I-24/westbound from I-75/northbound will be closed starting at 9m Friday night. Take an exit off of I-75/northbound and access I-24/westbound via I-75/southbound.
Cox Media Group