ON AIR NOW

LISTEN NOW

Weather

cloudy-day
88°
Chance of T-storms
H 88° L 71°
  • cloudy-day
    88°
    Current Conditions
    Chance of T-storms. H 88° L 71°
  • partly-cloudy-tstorms-day
    88°
    Today
    Chance of T-storms. H 88° L 71°
  • cloudy-day
    88°
    Tomorrow
    Partly Cloudy. H 88° L 73°
LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

Wsb news on-demand

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

Wsb traffic on-demand

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

Wsb weather on-demand

00:00 | 00:00

News
Floridians twerk for Trump during traffic jam he caused
Close

Floridians twerk for Trump during traffic jam he caused

Floridians twerk for Trump during traffic jam he caused
Photo Credit: Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
President Donald Trump waves to journalists as he leaves the White House with his family as they head to Mar-a-Lago in Florida for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Floridians twerk for Trump during traffic jam he caused

It’s never the wrong time to get your twerk on, according to a few Floridians.

>> Read more trending news

President Donald Trump and his family traveled to his Mar-a-Lago property in Palm Beach for the Thanksgiving holiday. As with any official trip made by the First Family, the Trumps traveled from Palm Beach International Airport to the property via a motorcade.

While motorcades are usually uneventful, and attention is usually focused on the person being escorted, one person caught the moment some locals decided to make the best of the traffic jam caused by the president.

A video lasting just over half a minute showed two people exit a car and start to twerk on the highway.

While twerking is certainly nothing new, HuffPost noted car twerking took South Florida by storm earlier in the year as young people flocked to Miami for Spring Break.

A young bikini-clad woman was recorded hanging out of a vehicle, leg draped along the roof and twerking up a storm while her friend sped down MacArthur Causeway.

Read More
VIEW COMMENTS

There are no comments yet. Be the first to post your thoughts. or Register.

News

  • Police are investigating a domestic-related shooting in the city of South Fulton County. The victim told police that her ex-boyfriend came to her home on Montilly Place and kicked down her front door. According to investigators, she repeatedly warned him that she was armed and that she would shoot him. Police said the man continued into the house and the woman fired three shots, hitting him once in the chest. The man was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital in unknown condition.   We're working to learn of other times police have been called to the home on Channel 2 Action News at Noon TRENDING STORIES: Judge credits divine intervention with helping him find missing child floating in pool 25-year-old UGA grad missing after leaving work at metro Atlanta Publix Copperhead bites home buyer then tries to strike pregnant realtor Channel 2's Darryn Moore at the scene saw crime scene technicians taking pictures of a bullet hole in a window and recovered a round that hit a pole. She also collected a bag of evidence from the house.
  • Four people were injured Thursday morning after an apparent explosion and subsequent fire at the Letterkenny Army Depot in Pennsylvania, officials said. >> Read more trending news Update 11 a.m. EDT July 19: Letterkenny Army Depot Commander Col. Steven Ledbetter said a small explosion happened around 7:20 a.m. in a paint area at one of the depot’s production facilities. “In this particular production facility, it’s vehicles and some major end-items (and) large pieces of equipment,” Ledbetter said. “No munitions.” He said four people were taken to hospitals with injuries after the incident. Authorities do not believe the blast was connected to terrorism. Officials continued to investigate the cause of the explosion on Thursday. Update 10:20 a.m. EDT July 19: Col. Steven Ledbetter, the commander at Letterkenny Army Depot, told WPMT that a small explosion and fire Thursday morning left four people injured. Three people were flown to a Maryland hospital in serious condition, the news station reported. A fourth person was taken to Chambersburg Hospital with unknown injuries, according to WPMT. Original report: Authorities at Letterkenny Army Depot confirmed in a series of since-deleted Facebook posts Thursday morning that an explosion was reported at the depot. The incident happened around 7:15 a.m., according to WPMT. Officials with the volunteer Franklin Fire Company said three people were flown from Letterkenny after firefighters responded Thursday morning to an “explosion with burn victims.” The Franklin County Office of Emergency Management also told Fox News three people were flown from the Army depot after the blast. It was not immediately clear what caused the explosion. A spokesman for Letterkenny Army Depot told WHTM-TV that authorities do not believe the blast was the result of a terrorist attack. Employees told the news station that the explosion happened in an area of Building 350 used for painting and that they were “worried about peers who ran out of (the) building screaming (and) on fire.” Established in 1942, the 18,000-acre Letterkenny Army Depot employs more than 3,600 people in Franklin County. Its mission is to “deliver superior maintenance, manufacturing, logistics, life cycle support and service worldwide to the Joint Warfighter and our International partners.”
  • A man was arrested Thursday just hours after a fatal shooting at the Best Southern Sun Plaza Motel on South Ridgewood Avenue, police said. Police said they arrested Marcus Pinckney, 40, in connection with the shooting. He was found in an Ormond Beach hotel, police said. >> Read more trending news The shooting happened at about 3 a.m. at the Best Southern Sun Plaza Motel. A 57-year-old man died at the scene and two other men were injured. The survivors were taken to Halifax Medical Center, where they are in stable condition, officials said. “This is an Isolated incident. Suspects and victims all knew each other,” Daytona Beach Police Chief Craig Capri said during a news conference. “His targets were intended targets. Almost like an execution, if you want to call it (that).”  Police said the shooting started in the parking lot of the motel, where there was likely a feud with the gunman about a deal gone badly.  “The deceased male and one of the injured males are father and son. The third male may be partially blind,” police said in a news release. Witnesses told officers they looked outside when they heard gunshots, police said. Capri said there have been some narcotics complaints at the motel. The manager showed WFTV reporter Sarahbeth Ackerman surveillance video of the incident. The video shows a man getting out of a silver Honda and opening fire on three other men. Police said Pinckney kidnapped his girlfriend, who was in the car at the time of the shooting. She was able to later escape, officers said. Officers received several tips that Pinckney was at the Ormond Beach motel. They found him armed with a gun at the hotel with his ex-girlfriend, police said. “He got right into the hands of the police,” a police spokesperson said. Police said when Pinckney was arrested, he asked officers, “They aren’t dead?” in reference to the victims. The motel’s manager, Charles Urban, said the three men had been living there for 2 1/2 years and knew the shooter. Urban said they had caused problems at the motel before. “Nothing like this. It's just that there's a lot of traffic coming in and out. You'd have to live here to understand, but there's a lot of homeless people. There's a lot of prostitutes, and they seem to always gravitate to (room) No. 4,' Urban said. Pinckney was arrested on charges of first-degree murder, two counts of attempted murder, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and a slew of other charges, police said. Court records show Pinckney has prior arrests on charges of battery and drugs. The names of victims have not been released. 
  • Alarmed by the lack of information from the White House on what was discussed in talks earlier this week between President Donald Trump and Russian leader Vladimir Putin, lawmakers in both parties on Thursday demanded that the Trump Administration detail what exactly was agreed to by Mr. Trump in his talks in Helsinki, Finland. “We have got to find out what the Russian Ambassador was finding out yesterday, when he said that important agreements were reached,” said Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ). “We shouldn’t be just guessing based on the statements of the Russian Ambassador, or based on the reports of what we hear in the media,” said Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE). “What are they hiding?” Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer added on the Senate floor. “What are they afraid of?” At a briefing in Moscow on Wednesday, the Russian Ambassador to the U.S., Anatoly Antonov, said that no ‘secret deals’ were made in the Trump-Putin meeting – but then, Antonov said in a television interview later in the day that, ‘important verbal agreements were made.’ “The meeting was important, intense, constructive and productive,” Antonov was quoted by the Russian TV network RT. But with no joint statement from the two leaders after the Trump-Putin meeting, and no rundown of exactly what was discussed, lawmakers felt they were being left in the dark. Those expressions of concern on Capitol Hill came as other arms of the federal government made clear they were also did not know details of any Trump-Putin agreements as well. At the Pentagon, reporters spoke via video conference with CENTCOM Commander, Gen. Joseph Votel, who said he had received no information from the White House on any future U.S.-Russian military cooperation in Syria. “No new guidance as of yet,” from #HelsinkiSummit Gen. Joe Votel @CENTCOM Commander tells Pentagon reporters. Says #NDAA prohibits cooperating, coordinating with #Russia in #Syria. “Any space for that would have to be created by Congress… I have not asked for that.” pic.twitter.com/2QBxsXHYGX — Jamie McIntyre (@jamiejmcintyre) July 19, 2018 Gen. Votel said there had been “no new guidance for me as a result of the Helsinki discussions as of yet.” President Trump on Wednesday declared his meeting with Putin to be a ‘tremendous success,’ adding on Twitter this morning that he wants a second meeting with the Russian leader. In a pair of tweets, Mr. Trump rattled off a list of items which he had discussed in the Putin meeting: “stopping terrorism, security for Israel, nuclear proliferation, cyber attacks, trade, Ukraine, Middle East peace, North Korea and more.” “There are many answers, some easy and some hard, to these problems,” the President wrote, “but they can ALL be solved,” as he again attacked the press as the “enemy of the people.” The Summit with Russia was a great success, except with the real enemy of the people, the Fake News Media. I look forward to our second meeting so that we can start implementing some of the many things discussed, including stopping terrorism, security for Israel, nuclear…….. — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 19, 2018 ….proliferation, cyber attacks, trade, Ukraine, Middle East peace, North Korea and more. There are many answers, some easy and some hard, to these problems…but they can ALL be solved! — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 19, 2018 Some lawmakers were also demanding any notes from the woman who served as Mr. Trump’s interpreter during the meeting – but that option seemed unlikely. One other discussion point between the two leaders drew additional bipartisan notice, as the Senate moved to go on the record against the idea of allowing Russia to question the former U.S. Ambassador to Russia, Michael McFaul, as the White House faced stern criticism for not rejecting the idea out of hand. “When President Trump called Putin’s offer, an incredible offer, he was incredibly wrong,” said Sen. Schumer.
  • Many anxious American farmers are delaying purchases and investment while hoping for a truce in a U.S.-China trade war that has left their crops at a competitive disadvantage overseas. The longer the Trump administration's tariffs remain in place, the more China's retaliatory tariffs against American exports stand to hurt U.S. soybean and pork producers. President Donald Trump's administration on July 6 carried out its threat to impose 25 percent tariffs on $34 billion worth of Chinese products, alleging that Beijing steals or pressures U.S. companies to hand over technology. China responded with similar duties on the same amount of U.S. imports — including soybeans and pork. The administration July 10 announced a second possible round targeting $200 billion worth of goods. Beijing vowed 'firm and forceful measures' in response. 'From a farmer's perspective all you can do is wait and hope, which aren't very good options,' said Michael Petefish, who grows soybeans and corn near Claremont in southern Minnesota. 'If you can afford not to be selling your beans now, just put them in the bin and store them and wait for better markets. That's about all you can do.' Wanda Patsche and her husband, Chuck Patsche, stand to be doubly affected. They grow corn and soybeans and raise pigs near Welcome in southern Minnesota. She said the main thing they and their neighbors have done to cushion themselves is to delay investment in their farming operation. 'There will be no equipment purchases, no improvements, just holding our own. Basically a holding pattern. And hoping things are going to get worked out fairly quickly,' she said. Farmers often hedge against price downturns by selling part of their crop on the futures market, locking in an early price for crops they'll harvest in the fall. Patsche said she and her husband marketed a little of their 2018 crop, so they can count on a profit for those bushels, but they'd take a loss if they sold any more at current prices. So they're hoping the markets get some good news that will send prices back up. Greg Bartz, who farms near Sleepy Eye in southern Minnesota's Brown County, said he sold most of his 2018 corn and soybean crop earlier this year before trade fears sent prices plunging. He pointed out that that's a gamble that can backfire if prices ultimately go up. 'You never know, and you don't know what production is going to be, either,' said Bartz, the county's Farm Bureau president. One of the few things farmers can do for now is to make themselves heard. Petefish and other farmers from the American Soybean Association and the American Farm Bureau Federation descended on Capitol Hill on July 11 to tell lawmakers and staffers how they stand to become collateral damage in the trade war unless there's a resolution soon. 'A lot of people aren't very optimistic, unfortunately,' said Petefish, president of the Minnesota Soybean Growers Association. 'They're not sure of the end game, and that's what everyone is trying to ascertain: What is the plan?' They also included Joe Ericson, whose family grows soybeans, corns and wheat near the eastern North Dakota town of Wimbledon. Ericson, president of the North Dakota Soybean Growers Association, said the tariffs put farmers like him who are Trump supporters in an awkward position. 'I fully support my president, but it's tough to defend it,' he said. 'We don't really defend tariffs; we defend fair trade. We wish there were other ways he could go about finding a solution.' Petefish has been telling people how the price plunge is already costing farmers like him. Soybeans have dropped more than $2 a bushel on the Chicago Board of Trade in the last few weeks due to the trade tensions. That means the 2017 beans left in his bins are suddenly worth a lot less. 'On my farm it's the equivalent of $250,000 ... in lost value,' he said. And that hit comes on top of already low commodity prices that have cut farm incomes by 50 percent since 2012, he said. 'If you're not already in the red, this will push you into the red for this year,' he said. The ultimate impacts may become clearer this fall. At that point many farmers may have to sell at least part of their new crops at the market price, as low as it may be, just to pay bills. 'We forward-contracted a lot of our stuff, but if it continues on, next year will be tighter,' Ericson said. 'If you did a good job marketing I think you'll be OK. A lot of people selling right off the combine — that's going to hurt them. When the combines start rolling, that's when you'll really start seeing it.' Trump trade adviser Peter Navarro last month said the administration would have farmers' backs, Petefish recalled. 'Right now farmers don't know what that means,' he added. ___ Nicholson reported from Bismarck, North Dakota.
  • A steam pipe explosion in Manhattan’s Flatiron District sent massive plumes into the sky Thursday morning over New York City. >> Watch WABC’s coverage here Update 12:50 p.m. EDT July 19: Streets closed Thursday morning when a nearly century-old steam pipe exploded in New York City could remain closed for several days if officials confirm the pipe was lined with asbestos, according to The New York Times. New York City Fire Department Commissioner Dan Nigro said officials were working under that assumption on Thursday because the pipe was installed in 1932. City officials told the Times that the exteriors of buildings in the area will have to be decontaminated if asbestos is confirmed. In a statement obtained by WPIX, officials with the utility company Con Edison warned people to stay clear of the area of the explosion, on 5th Avenue and 21st Street in Manhattan. “Environmental testing is being conducted to determine whether asbestos or other contaminants are present, but as a precaution anyone in the vicinity of the rupture who was covered in material is advised to bag their clothing and shower,” the statement said. According to The Associated Press, there are more than 100 miles of steam pipes running beneath Manhattan.  Update 11:15 a.m. EDT July 19: New York City Fire Department Commissioner Dan Nigro said five people suffered minor injuries when a high-pressure steam pipe that was installed in 1932 exploded Thursday morning. “The major disruption is that not only did this steam line burst, but it caused the disruption of a gas line, a water main and some electrical power,” he said Thursday at a news conference. Officials said 28 buildings were evacuated by 11 a.m. Thursday, up from the 11 reportedly evacuated in the immediate aftermath of the explosion. Nigro said authorities sent samples to be tested for asbestos because of the age of the burst pipe. “We are operating as if the samples will come back positive,” Nigro said. Original report: According to WNBC, the blast occurred about 6:30 a.m. EDT Thursday near the intersection of 21st Street and Fifth Avenue. >> Read more trending news  Authorities have not reported any injuries in the explosion, which “spewed debris all over the streets,” the news station said. Fire crews were still at the scene an hour later, and officials closed streets in the area as commuters headed to work.