ATLANTA — The Fulton County Sheriff’s Office is warning drivers of road and lane closures due to the grand jury investigation of former President Trump, beginning May 2.
The closures will be around the Fulton County Justice Center Complex.
The roads will be closed throughout the week and the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office will provide updates, as needed, on road and lane closures. Specific street closures include:
- Pryor Street between Martin Luther King Jr. Drive (MLK) and Mitchell Street.
- Mitchell Street from Pryor Street to Central Avenue.
- Central Avenue between Mitchell Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Drive (MLK).
- MLK: the 2 lanes adjacent to the Fulton County Justice Center complex will be closed between Central Avenue and Pryor Street.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
Drivers can get to the Underground Atlanta parking decks through Martin Luther King Jr. Drive. The sheriff’s office advises people to avoid the area unless they have business in the area.
- Douglasville police looking woman who shot teenager in the face during road rage incident
- 88 people arrested in illegal street racing sting in Gwinnett County
- The Judds, Ray Charles join Country Music Hall of Fame one day after Naomi Judd’s death
If you have business to handle at the courthouse, Fulton County Sheriff’s Office says residents should do the following:
- Any Fulton County resident who receives a jury summons for May 2, 2022, should follow the instructions of that summons.
- The Fulton County Magistrate Court will be conducting first-appearance hearings only on May 2. All other hearings will be rescheduled. For more information click here.
- Residents seeking services from Fulton County justice agencies are encouraged to utilize online services wherever possible, or visit satellite locations outside of the downtown area if in-person services are needed.
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
IN OTHER NEWS:
©2022 Cox Media Group