About the Internship Program:
Requirements for the Cox Media Group - Atlanta Radio Internship Program:
- Complete Internship Application
- 300 word essay on why student seeks internship with one of the four Atlanta Cox Media Group radio stations
- Secure and submit evaluation completed by an instructor or advisor
- All prospective interns must be junior or senior level students currently enrolled at an accredited college or university.
- Students with a GPA of at least 3.0 will be given first consideration; it is preferred that students have a 3.5 GPA or higher in their major.
HOW TO APPLY: Download the application and instructions here. (Note, this is a Adobe Acrobat PDF file.)
Frequently Asked Questions:
When does the internship start?: Summer interns generally start in June. Fall interns begin in September. Winter interns start in January and Spring interns begin in March.
Do you offer fall internships?: Yes, occasionally. But we don’t encourage students to take a semester off from school to complete a fall internship.
What is the pay?: Interns work a maximum 20 hours per week and earn minimum wage.
What about housing?: Interns are responsible for locating their own housing.
Do I need a car?: No. However, interns are responsible for their own transportation.
Who will be my supervisor?: Each intern will be assigned a supervisor in the department to which they are assigned to work. That person will be responsible for the intern’s work schedule, assignments and final performance evaluations.
My question wasn’t answered here?: E-mail Doug.Turnbull@cmg.com
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group (CMG) is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that also includes the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm. The company’s operations currently reside in 34 markets in 19 states and its products reach tens of millions of customers. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.