A flash flood warning has been issued for central DeKalb County after a thunderstorm dumped an estimated 2 to 3 inches of rain late Wednesday morning.
The warning, posted by the National Weather Service just before noon, is in effect until 5:45 p.m. Wednesday for the Tucker and Clarkston areas.
“River gage levels on Snapfinger Creek and Stone Mountain Creek are rising rapidly and will be coming out of their banks by midday,” the Weather Service said.
Channel 2 Action News reported at noon that deep water was slowing traffic on Briarcliff Road.
A second flash flood warning was issued just after noon Wednesday for White County in northeast Georgia, where another storm dumped heavy rain.
Channel 2 meteorologist Karen Minton’s forecast calls for a 50 percent chance of rain Wednesday, diminishing to 30 percent Thursday and Friday and 20 percent Saturday and Sunday.
Highs the rest of the week will be in the mid- to upper 80s, with lows in the low 70s.