ON AIR NOW

LISTEN NOW

Weather

cloudy-day Created with Sketch.
80°
Scattered Clouds
H 82° L 60°
  • cloudy-day Created with Sketch.
    80°
    Current Conditions
    Partly Cloudy. H NaN° L 59°
  • cloudy-day Created with Sketch.
    NaN°
    Today
    Partly Cloudy. H NaN° L 59°
  • partly-cloudy-tstorms-day Created with Sketch.
    82°
    Tomorrow
    Chance of T-storms. H 82° L 60°
LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

Wsb news on-demand

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

Wsb traffic on-demand

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

Wsb weather on-demand

00:00 | 00:00

New video shows Toronto mayor Rob Ford on angry rant

Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse for Toronto Mayor Rob Ford this week, the Toronto Star found this video.

The exclusive footage shows Ford pacing, ranting, and gesturing wildly in a living room — and someone happened to be filming him. (Via Toronto Star)

More Popular and trending stories

"Cause I'm gonna kill that f---ing guy. ... No holds barred, brother. He dies, or I die, brother. Brother, you've never seen me f---ing go. You think so, brother? But when he's down, I'll rip his f---ing throat out. I'll poke his eyes out." (Via Toronto Star)​

The object of Ford's anger is unknown, as is the identity of the person who caught the incident on camera. It's also unclear who Ford is talking to in the video. But judging from what can be made out from his ramblings, Ford appears to be furious with someone who called him.

The Toronto Star says it purchased the video from someone who filmed it from someone else's computer. The publication claims the person with that computer was there in the room at the time. (Via The Huffington Post)

When given a chance to defend his actions in the video, Ford told reporters:

"I was very very inebriated. It is extremely embarrassing. The whole world is going to see it. You know what, I don't have a problem with that.  (Via CBC)

This new footage is just a drop in the bucket of Ford's bad publicity this week. After denying it for months. 

"I do not use crack cocaine, nor am I an addict." (Via CNN)

... the mayor admitted Tuesday: "Yes, I have smoked crack cocaine. ... Have I tried it? Probably in one of my drunken stupors." (Via The Guardian)

A video the Toronto Star says appears to show Ford smoking crack surfaced in May, but he repeatedly denied the allegations and the very existence of the video in question. The footage still hasn't been released to the public. (Via ITN)

Ford rejected calls to resign or take a leave of absence after the admission, but he did apologize. No explanation has been offered for Ford's bizarre and angry behavior in this newest video.

>>   See more at: Newsy.com

More Popular Headlines

Read More
VIEW COMMENTS

There are no comments yet. Be the first to post your thoughts. or Register.

News

  • Pickens County deputies are searching for an armed fugitive.  Authorities are looking for Nicholas Bishop in the area of Priest Circle in Talking Rock.  Bishop is believed to be armed with a handgun and on foot after he abandoned a stolen vehicle around 2 p.m.  If you see him, call 911 immediately. Officials say do not attempt to approach him. - Please return for updates.
  • One more time, Doris Payne, the 86-year-old infamous international jewel thief, has pleaded guilty to the usual crime. She admitted Wednesday to stealing a necklace from Von Maur at Perimeter Mall last year, the DeKalb County District Attorney’s Office said. Payne, who recently said she’s been dealing with a possibly cancerous tumor, was sentenced to 120 days of house arrest and three years of probation.  She was also banned from all Von Maur locations and every mall in DeKalb County. Payne, who’d been free on bond, was arrested last month for missing a court date. Shortly after the would-be appearance, she told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution she wasn’t medically able to attend. “I ain’t runnin’,” she said in a phone interview. “I’ve never in my life been late for court. Last month, Payne was deemed too ill to stand trial by the judge presiding over a Fulton County case stemming from a missing set of earrings at Phipps Plaza. Payne has been open about her habits of theft, which she detailed in a documentary called, “The Life and Crimes of Doris Payne.” RELATED: Huge DeKalb center with (at least) 8 popular chains is opening soon RELATED: Cop helps elderly woman who got kicked out of dentist office in DeKalb RELATED: A DeKalb family’s tale of two dead bodies and a crying baby girl Like DeKalb County News Now on Facebook | Follow on Twitter and Instagram
  • A drunken driver destroyed a row of headstones at a historic Carrollton cemetery, causing tens of thousands of dollars' worth of damage, police said. According to police, the driver was coming down Martin Luther King Street on March 19, ran a stop sign, jumped a curb and crashed into the city-owned cemetery. The broken headstones range in date from the late 1800s to 1950. 'And what we discussed is, if one is damaged beyond repair, we'll put something back that's respectful. It's hard to replace it with the exact same item. The families aren't around anymore, so the city will take on the responsibility,' city manager Tim Grizzard said. TRENDING STORIES: Thousands of Georgians could lose food stamps next week 16-year-old in custody after hoax call about school gunman Food prices at SunTrust Park vs. Mercedes-Benz Stadium: What's the difference? The 35-year-old driver, Ray Antonio Baker, was arrested and charged with DUI. City officials said they will ask his insurance carrier to pay for the damage. 'Our plan is to go after the individual's insurance to pay for repairs. If that doesn't pay for everything, the city will certainly pick up the tab,' Grizzard said. Officials said this isn't the first time a driver has damaged headstones, but it's not a big enough problem to put up a wall. 'It's not something that has happened often enough that we need to put up a barrier. If it was a recurrent spot, we would do something,' Grizzard said. City officials said it could take weeks to repair the damage.
  • Emory University paid an undisclosed amount of money to someone it thought was the booking company for the rap group Migos. The school wanted the group to perform for its 'Dooley's Week' celebration. The person it paid turned out to be a con artist who was only pretending to work for Migos. Emory filed a police report and is now scrambling to find someone to perform at the concert. We're getting reaction from students, for the Channel 2 Action News Nightbeat at 11. Emory University fell victim to a fraud scheme. How the school ended up handing over money to a con artist, at 11. pic.twitter.com/sT5AmV3iLE-- Justin Wilfon (@JustinWilfonWSB) March 29, 2017 Emory won't tell me how much it accidentally paid a con artist. Working to get police report. Should be in there. pic.twitter.com/Gyx9gykP34-- Justin Wilfon (@JustinWilfonWSB) March 30, 2017