EAST POINT - A fire at an apartment complex in East Point leaves eight adults and one child without a place to live.
It took crews about an hour to put out the blaze which started at the Victory Place Apartment Homes shortly after 7 p.m. on Sunday.
Deputy Fire Chief William Ware says, "flames and heat were so bad we had to come back and do a defensive attack."
Residents like Malcom Wiley say, "the smoke was too intense so we had to run back out."
Wiley tells Channel 2 Action News he went knocking door to door to help get his neighbors out. He also managed to save his dog.
Channel 2 Action News reports the two-story brick building was destroyed in the blaze.
Fire investigators say they plan to work into the night to try and figure out what sparked the blaze.