- Video of alleged beach theft earns women an Internet shaming
- Abandoned dog with "free" message written on body finds new home
- Alleged prostitute charged with manslaughter in heroin death of Google exec
- Photos: 22 stranded for hours after Magic Mountain roller coaster derails
- Facebook removes teen hunter's photos
A Texas man with a GoPro camera strapped to his head has recorded the frantic drive to a Houston hospital with his in-labor wife and the birth of their son in the parking lot.
Kristin Dickerson says she and the baby, Truett, are doing well.
In the video, Troy Dickerson takes his wife Kristin to the hospital at 1:35 a.m. on June 28. His wife is heard screaming and saying, "I can't make it."
Troy does his best to reassure her, but at one point in the video he adds the caption: "At this point I still didnt' think Kristin was that far along ... I was wrong!"
She begins to deliver their son while standing in the valet parking area at Texas Children's Hospital.
Her husband yells for help, coaches his wife to push and catches the baby. The video shows the woman slipping into a wheelchair with the baby as medical personnel rush to check mother and child.
According to Click2Houston, Kristin is actually a childbirth educator.
"I tell my students, 'This will never happen to you, I promise!'" she told Click2Houston.com. "But I do teach them about emergency birth so they'll be prepared for it, to take some of the fear out of it."
The Dickersons live in Rosenberg, 35 miles away. Truett joins two brothers.
— The Associated Press contributed