The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Collect $578 in free food on your birthday
- Mom expecting triplets gives birth to identical quadruplets
- Interview: George Zimmerman says he's homeless and suffers from PTSD
- Man chokes girlfriend in store, customers whip man
- Woman jailed for failing to return VHS tape of 'Monster-in-Law' from 2005
All right stop, collaborate and listen; Vanilla Ice is citizen of the year! At least according to Wellington, Fla. where the rapper/TV reality star now lives.
Rob Van Winkle, once better known as "Vanilla Ice," will be named Wellington's "Outstanding Citizen of the Year" by the town's chamber of commerce during an event later this month.
Chamnber officials said they will honor Van Winkle for his "spirit of giving and dedication" to Wellington, a town he has called home for more than a decade.
Van Winkle has contributed to several local charities and films his DIY Network reality show "The Vanilla Ice Project" in Wellington.
The chamber will present the award to the rapper of "Ice Ice Baby" fame at a Feb. 26 event.
Van Winkle spent part of his formative years in South Florida before shooting off to super stardom with the hit single "Ice Ice Baby."
The song was the first hip hop single to top the Billboard charts.