Herren’s Restaurant opened in 1934 by prizefighter Charlie 'Red' Herren. In 1939, the Guido Negri family bought the restaurant and the business stayed in the Negri family until Herren’s closed in 1987. Herren’s is noted for being downtown Atlanta’s first restaurant to voluntarily desegregate, which it did on June 25, 1963.Join us for An Evening at Herren’s to mark the 50th anniversary of this special day, which reflected Atlanta’s motto of a "City too busy to hate" and marked a new era of hospitality and tourism in Atlanta.To support the restaurant leaders of tomorrow, all proceeds will go toward the School of Hospitality's Culinary Learning Center in memory of Jane and Ed Negri, pioneers of hospitality and equality.A reception will follow at the Rialto Center for the Arts.
An Evening at Herren's 75.00
Donation in memory Jane and Ed Negri